[MPlayer-users] about multicast

Sinan Nalkaya erchamion.beren at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 00:30:06 CET 2006

hi , thank you for great idea but there is a problem about that, when
the client starts to play this file, it will start to play the start of
stream.dump file, this causes a problem because if one of the clients
crashes or reboots, it will loose the synchronization. i`m planning this
system to be kind of  billboard, 4-5 pc monitor will show the part of
the mpeg file, so each of them must play in synchronized. is mplayer
able to play the end of file ? or should i hack the mplayer source and
open the file like O_APPEND flag, so it may start to play at the end of
file ?
ps: every clients have exactly same hardware and same os (they boot from
nfs)
thanks for replies.