[MPlayer-users] 50€ Reward for solution to BadAccess problem

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Jan 4 00:46:44 CET 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:13:01 +0100
"Ethan Arnold" <ethan at arnold.net> wrote:

> Sorry. Maybe you could tell me what WOULD help, since I seem to be the
> only one here not getting any answers,

Not at all.  You've gotten quite a bit more help than most people do.
This also is a MPlayer mailing list, and your problem has nothing to do
with mplayer.

> I must be doing something wrong?

No, there's obviously something wrong with your system.  It's safe to
say it's either your X.org (unlikely), or the specific drivers for your
card (very likely).  I've already suggested that you find a newer (or
older) version of the videocard drivers and try them out.

If that doesn't help, try the Gentoo forums.  A standard distro is much
easier to trouble-shoot, because you can expect that the software was
compiled with a stable GCC version, sane cflags, no strange patches,
etc.

The MPlayer answer is to use -vo gl or -vo gl2...