[MPlayer-users] 50€ Reward for solution to BadAccess problem

Ethan Arnold ethan at arnold.net
Tue Jan 3 13:13:01 CET 2006

Im Auftrag von RC
Gesendet: Montag, 2. Januar 2006 20:44

>> # mplayer -vo xv -vc ffmpeg12mc ntv-dvbs.mpeg

> That command-line is NEVER going to work, so there's no point in posting
> the output from it every time.

Sorry. Maybe you could tell me what WOULD help, since I seem to be the only one here not getting any answers, I must be doing something wrong? I'm sorry if I wrote too many messages over Newyears, I was working very hard on this... And still am...

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  94 (X_CreateGlyphCursor)

Mplayer works with -xo x11, but neither xv nor xvmc, always reports:
X11 error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

System is Via Unichrome Pro CN400, X11-7.0, Gentoo-Linux 2.6.14

Xorg.0.log reports AGP/DRM/DRI loaded ok, glxinfo reports: direct rendering ok

I'm offering 50€ reward (via Paypal donation) for the first successful hint which fixes this BadAccess problem. (NOT reinstalling the whole system, that would takes days)

Ethan