[MPlayer-users] Cron mplayer issue

John Coulthard bahhab at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 3 12:46:49 CET 2006

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried adding </dev/null & to the end of both
the crontab and the mplayer commands but still got the output written to /
(root), did I missunderstand something?

You could easly add a line to the shellscript "mv /audiodump.wav
/home/ann/rips/Show.wav" if your root partition is big enough to hold the
show but mine isn't.

I found this which says that ./audiodump.wav is hard coded in the "-ao pcm"
option unless you specify a file. So anyone know why the specified output
file is not used by cron?

Thanks in advance for any info.

>From http://linuxreviews.org/man/mplayer/
AUDIO OUTPUT DRIVERS (MPLAYER ONLY)
Audio output drivers are interfaces to different audio output facilities.
The syntax is:

-ao <driver1[:suboption1[=value]:...],driver2,...[,]>
    Specify a priority list of audio output drivers to be used.

pcm (also see -aofile)
    Raw PCM/:wave file writer audio output. Writes the sound to
./audiodump.wav

-aofile <filename>
    Override the default filename employed by -ao pcm.

-aofile is deprecated. Use -ao pcm:file=<filename> instead.