[MPlayer-users] CVS compile tv-v4l2 input driver not detected/enabled

Barton Bosch bartonbosch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 06:55:04 CET 2006

RC wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:31:32 -0800
> Barton Bosch <bartonbosch at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Which is strange because the v4l2 headers are right there in the same
>>kernel source directory
>>(/lib/modules/2.6.12-1.1381_FC3/build/include/linux) as videodev.h,
>>which mplayer CVS does find:
>

> It should be in eg. /usr/include/linux/ or someplace similar, for
> programs such as mplayer to find it.  I suspect you have videodev.h in
> there, and no videodev2.h.

Yeah, you right.  When I first checked the slocate db for instances of
videodev*.h I managed to overlook the reference to
/usr/include/linux/videodev.h.  I would probably still have been stumped
but it might have given me a clue.

Copying videodev2.h from the kernel dir to /usr/include/linux fixed the
problem.   So was the reason that the 4/2005 CVS Snapshot detected v4l2
because mplayer somehow found a videodev2.h that was included with the
ffmpeg in the snapshot but omitted from the actual cvs source?

Mille grazie,

Barton