[MPlayer-users] Re: 1080i to 1080p mpeg2 or x264?

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Tue Feb 28 05:32:04 CET 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Steven Adeff wrote:

> the source plays back as 1080, so I had to use expand, how do I set
> the mpeg-2 vertical display option?

	The "-vf expand" will do the padding to 1088 - that's fine.

	But then it sounds like you're turning around and encoding back to
	mpeg-2.

	At the moment the only way I know to set the vertical display size
	different than the encoded size is with mpeg2enc's option (part of
	the HD handling as I recall):

	--display-vsize|-y [32..16383]
	   Set the the display-vertical-size hint in MPEG-2 output to
	   something other than the encoded image height

	Other encoders may have different options of course ;)

	Steven Schultz