[MPlayer-users] problems compiling mplayer

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 14:51:13 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2/26/06, Graeme Jackson <gmdjackson at hotmail.com> wrote:
> cheers, i am using gcc-2.95.3 - which version would you recommend I upgrade
> to ?

2.95.3 should be all right (because it's not the evil gcc 2 96), but
if you need to upgrade, I'd suggest either latest 2.95 (don't know
which one, check gcc's website), latest 3.4, or latest 4.0.

All have proved to be quite reliable compiles in my experience (just
stick away from 3.3)

Guillaume
--
Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
wheels are square...

Reimar Döffinger