[MPlayer-users] Interlaced playback now working...

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Feb 26 11:32:06 CET 2006

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 01:06:03 +0300
"Alexander Monakov" <amonakov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please do me a favor by explaining what you  mean by "a terrible job
> it does with -vo xv". I tried playing back interlaced video both with
> -vo xv and -vo gl (with tfields filter active in both cases), and I
> didn't see any difference.

tfields with -vo xv looks about like using -vf field.  It looks to me
like it's only outputting half of the (reconstructed, half-height)
frames it should, which is understandable.  Obviously, this aliasing is
most noticable on videos with small details, like fine text, diagonal
lines, etc.

> Why does the man page say it should not work with mplayer?

Probably because there's no -ofps option for mplayer, and -vo gl has
only recently been changed into it's current form.