[MPlayer-users] fullscreen question - works on one machine, doesn't on another

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sat Feb 25 04:16:56 CET 2006

Hello,

I am loving the mPlayer mozilla plugin and have yet to explore using
mplayer instead of totem-xine as a dvd player. Right now though I am
having some trouble with the mozilla mplayer plugin from Firefox on FC4.

I have a Pentium laptop with a 1600x1200 screen and I used yum and the
livna.org's version of mplayer - MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-4.0.2. This
machine works fine except for occasionaly locking up Firefox. This is a
known bug and is fixed in CVS.

My problem is with another machine, a AMD64 laptop in i386 mode with a
1280x900 screen - also MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-4.0.2. This machine has not
had the problem with locking Firefox, but when I try to go to
fullscreen mode I just get a black screen with the video playing at the
same size as the normal view centered. I thought this might be because
of the weird aspect ratio so I included in the ~/.mplayer/config file:
monitoraspect=16:9
But that doesn't seem to do anything. I looked through the mplayer man
page but couldn't find anything.

How do I get the AMD machine to do fullscreen and why didn't it work by
default like the Pentuim machine?

Thank you for the help and for working on mPlayer!
-thewade