[MPlayer-users] OSD problems with DVDs

Davide Capodaglio davidecapod at inwind.it
Fri Feb 24 21:03:08 CET 2006

Alle 23:44, giovedì 23 febbraio 2006, Nico Sabbi ha scritto:

> don't mess with open.c (at a time I was about to cvs remove it);
> eventually use this code to implement an appropriare DEMUXER_CTRL in
> stream_dvd.c
> (isn't there already something similar?)

> another global? bad. See above

> there's DEMUXER_CTRL_GET_TIME_LENGTH for this job

> bad, you are tricking with the timestamps and adding yet another special
> case.

My patch was intented as "working hack" or "proof of concept", not as
ready-to-commit-to-cvs one :-)
Anyway I appreciate your critics and I modified it following your advices.

I left open.c as it is and modified in demux_mpg.c the
DEMUXER_CTRL_GET_TIME_LENGTH function inside demux_mpg_control.
Anyway I haven't found a better way to calculate the current position in the
main(), so I left the check of DEMUXER_TYPE_MPEG_PS and STREAMTYPE_DVD.

I'm not a mplayer hacker or developer, so if you find this correct and useful
and you think there are better ways to integrate this into official mplayer
source please do it (and let me know...)

I made this against 1.0-pre7try2, but I given a look also to current cvs
version; yes, in stream_dvd.c there's something very similar to calculate the
total length, but it's used only for "identify" mode.

Bye
Davide