[MPlayer-users] mplayer with really big avi movie

陆然 hephooey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:05:57 CET 2006

Hi,

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 16:58, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> Though I have never tried, you may want to see if you can seek on the
> file if you play the file with '-forceidx' option.

I have tried '-idx' and '-forceidx', I cannot see any message about the idx is
generated, and mplayer still cannot seek in the file

> I also think that there is a configure build option to compile MPlayer
> with large file support. I don't remember if it's on by default
> though. I never had to specifically enable it to play any file.

I thought it was enabled by default, but anyhow, I added --enable-largefiles
in the configure and still no effect, I've already hacked mplayer to ignore
the incorrect length in the head, but mplayer still hang up at 23min (about
5.5 GB).

--
Best Regards,
LR