[MPlayer-users] mpeg-ts

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 09:16:28 CET 2006

2006/2/21, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:
> I can indeed reproduce the problem here on my machine, with MPlayer,
> VLC, xine, ffplay.
> There's no guarantee that this problem is easily solvable, but hey,
> now, there are samples, so that's one step closer to getting this
> problem fixed :)

The Dreambox (that captured this stream) is linux based (tuxbox) and
GPL, and it can play the .ts files correctly. You could check how it
is doing the job. I think there are also some tools for converting
this .ts files to mpeg. I think the garbage is produced by epg
(electronic program guide) information multiplexed in the stream. All
digital terrestrial and satellite transmision are like this.

--
Alejandro Vargas