[MPlayer-users] Detecting interlacing

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Feb 21 17:54:54 CET 2006

On Tuesday, 21 February 2006 at 17:37, Derek wrote:
[...]
> I have been looking for something exactly as described here in my recent work.
> I am new to video encoding, and don't really know how to identify
> telecine/interlacing video just by looking at it.
[...]
> Also, a somewhat related question, is there anywhere I can go to see how
> telecine/interlacing looks, so that I can learn to visually identify it?

It's all described in detail in "Encoding with MEncoder" HTML docs section.
I'm sure you can easily find visual examples on the 'net.

R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/
There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression