[MPlayer-users] Mplayer font encoding problem

kriko kristjan.ugrin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:31:02 CET 2006

Reimar Döffinger:

I have this parameters because I used ttf fonts (link subfont.ttf in
~/.mplayer), but since I have problems with new cvs version, I tried with
bitmap fonts, but problem still persists.
I'll try with many ttf fonts as I can, and then I'll report. But still it
should work with SUSE-Serif.ttf, cause it used to do so till now.

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:56:33 +0100, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 06:41:32PM +0100, kriko wrote:
>> subfont-osd-scale=3
>> subfont-text-scale=3
>> subfont-encoding=CP1250
>>
>> I also have cp1250 arial fonts in ~/.mplayer/font/
>
> Weird that you say it worked before, but AFAIK you can use
> subfont-encoding only when using a truetype font.
> And the scaling parameters sure have no effect at all with bitmap
> fonts...
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

kriko