[MPlayer-users] Mplayer font encoding problem

kriko kristjan.ugrin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:41:32 CET 2006

Hi!
I noticed some problem with subtitle font encoding with latest cvs.
I use mplayer (no-gui) with these setting in ~/.mplayer/config:
vo = "xv"
subfont-autoscale=3
subfont-osd-scale=3
subfont-text-scale=3
subfont-encoding=CP1250

I also have cp1250 arial fonts in ~/.mplayer/font/

Displayed subtitles are not shown properly (incorrect special character,
see screenshot Problematic), however it used to work in previous mplayer
version.

Also, if I launch movie with gmplayer, subtitles are rendered correctly
only when using:
Western European Languages (ISO-8859-1)
but this setting doesn't work with mplayer neither (characters are worse
than before).

I really don't know what could be wrong.

Screenshots:
Problematic: http://my.opera.com/kriko/homes/files/mlayerproblem.jpeg
Correct: http://my.opera.com/kriko/homes/files/reference.jpg (works only
with gmplayer with before mentioned settings, but not with mplayer)

Could please someone help me?

Thanks.

--
kriko