[MPlayer-users] HELP NEEDED : NOVIRUS

RuthLess Konqueror ruthlesskonqueror at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 06:52:34 CET 2006

      Hi Folks,
                I am kind of new to this so need some help on the following ...

  I have setup the Darwin Streaming Server and it streams movies and I use the mplayer to play the movie on the client side using the following command.

   mplayer 'rtsp://<IP address>filename'

   and the movie  plays.

  I want to measure the PSNR of the movie. How do I get to do that ? Does mplayer do it for me ?   if so does it do it on the basis of the first frame received.

   Other thing was I figured out was I could use the -dumpstream option and then
   use something to do the PSNR calculation. Is it a feasible option ?

   Next is I wanted to calculate the number of frames dropped. How do  I get to do that?

   Any help would be greatly appreciated .

   I am also not sure  if this is the right forum for this mail.  So please bear with  me.

   Thanks

   Ruthless

  PS : I posted the above from yahoo mail and yahoo puts in a tag  "anti -virus" checked. The spam filter did not allow the mail to be posted. HAd to do a repost being advised that I put the no virus tag in the subject field .

nobody <nobody at mplayerhq.hu> wrote: Your mail has been blocked, because of its Subject: contains the word 'virus'
(or 'wirus'), so it's assumed to be an automatic reply by a virus checker to some
fake email. If you received this by mistake, then please re-post your mail
with the word NOVIRUS inserted into Subject field! (spam detection isn't perfect :))
Note: This is an automatic reply by the list server. Do not reply to this mail!