[MPlayer-users] tv:// -> no sound

Stefan Sassenberg stefan.sassenberg at gmx.de
Mon Feb 13 15:22:03 CET 2006

Don Koch wrote:

> Try using tvtime.  I've never gotten mplayer to find the line in on
> the audio card using both oss and alsa devices.  I even tried a recent
> cvs download.  Tvtime seems to have no problem whatsoever.  My
> conclusion: mplayer's audio handling is broken.

Oh, I consider this inacceptable at the moment. mencoder is my standard
tv recording application and I don't see why this should change after
mencoder has worked very reliable for years(!) by now.

I was hoping for some hints before I dive into the mplayer code. Is it
mplayer's fault or can it be bttv although tvtime and xawtv work?

Stefan