[MPlayer-users] Brightness decreases on every video frame in MPEG-2 encodes

Markus Kaiserswerth mkaiserswerth at inetmx.de
Thu Feb 9 02:40:48 CET 2006

Am 08.02.2006 um 18:39 schrieb RC:

> On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:43:20 +0100
> Markus Kaiserswerth <mkaiserswerth at inetmx.de> wrote:
>
>> The resulting MPEG-2 files play nicely, however the picture
>> brightness
>> decreases on every frame until the next   keyframe is reached,
>> eventually jumping back to the brightness of the previous keyframe.
>
> It would help if you would post the exact command-line you're using.

I am using the following:

mencoder movie.avi -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -
vf scale=720:576,harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 -
lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=7000:vbitrate=5000:keyin
t=15:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:aspect=16/9 -ofps 25 -o movie.mpg

As noted before, the problem is not there when I use keyint=1.

The source files are all 25 frames per second XVid AVI files. I
converted them from NTSC FILM before using  mencoder -speed -ovc copy
Could it have to do with vrc_buf_size?

Thanks,
Markus