[MPlayer-users] Codec Woes

Ledduk ledduk at ledduk.net
Tue Feb 7 03:23:17 CET 2006

Slackware 10.2
FireFox 1.5

I've installed Mplayer and also the Mplayer Plugin but am unable to get
windows media files to play in my browser. Here's the FireFox info on
the mplayerplug-in 3.17:

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
video/mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
audio/mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
video/x-mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
video/x-mpeg2 	MPEG2 	mpv2,mp2ve 	Yes
audio/mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
audio/x-mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
audio/mpeg2 	MPEG audio 	mp2 	Yes
audio/x-mpeg2 	MPEG audio 	mp2 	Yes
video/mp4 	MPEG 4 Video 	mp4 	Yes
audio/mpeg3 	MPEG audio 	mp3 	Yes
audio/x-mpeg3 	MPEG audio 	mp3 	Yes
audio/mp3 	MPEG audio 	mp3 	Yes
application/x-ogg 	Ogg Vorbis Media 	ogg 	Yes
audio/ogg 	Ogg Vorbis Audio 	ogg 	Yes
application/ogg 	Ogg Vorbis / Ogg Theora 	ogg 	Yes
video/fli 	FLI animation 	fli,flc 	Yes
video/x-fli 	FLI animation 	fli,flc 	Yes
video/vnd.vivo 	VivoActive 	viv,vivo 	Yes
application/x-nsv-vp3-mp3 	Nullsoft Streaming Video 	nsv 	Yes
video/vnd.divx 	DivX Media Format 	divx 	Yes
audio/basic 	Basic Audio File 	au,snd 	Yes
audio/x-basic 	Basic Audio File 	au,snd 	Yes

Seems to be about everything there is except for windows media formats.
Exactly what codec package do I need to download to get windows media
support?