[MPlayer-users] Mplayer output format changed in mpeg stream?

Thorsten W. Schmidt t_w_s at web.de
Mon Feb 6 18:38:28 CET 2006

Hi,

I have a problem with the latest versions of mplayer. In older versions I
could postprocess the output, but now I can not use it anymore.

For example, I use the following command line to recode recordings from my
TV-Card:

mencoder "$INPUT" -vf pp=fd,harddup -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg1video:vbitrate=$VBITRATE:keyint=$KEYINT:abitrate=$ABITRATE:acodec=mp2:aspect=4/3
-ovc lavc -oac lavc -of mpeg -o $OUTPUT

Output for: MEncoder 1.0pre6-3.3.5:
  file $OUTPUT
  $OUTPUT: MPEG sequence, v1, system multiplex

Output for later versions: 1.0pre7+ (also used cvs checkouts)
  file $OUTPUT
  $OUTPUT: MPEG sequence, v2, program multiplex

In general this is no problem, BUT the tools mpgdemux and mplex can not
work with MPEG sequence, v2. Actually they can process MPEG v2, but not
the one generated with mplayer.

This are the following two lines that work for the output of MEncoder
1.0pre6-3.3.5 (and earlier versions) and not for later versions:
  mpgdemux -b tmp_chunk -f $OUTPUT
  mplex -v 0 -f 8 -o output.mpg tmp_chunk-0.m1v tmp_chunk-0.mp2

Now my question. Is it possible to tell mencoder to output v1 code? I
already used the lavc vcode=mped1video! I do not know, if this is a bug or
 a missing feature.

Greetings
 Thorsten W. Schmidt