[MPlayer-users] Horrible a/v sync issues with lavc

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Feb 5 21:12:10 CET 2006

hdp at webmail.co.za wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 03:38 -0800, RC wrote:
>
>>> This only happens with video files encoded with mencoder+lavc and
>>> played back with mplayer.
>>
>> Have you tried various values for -mc and -autosync?  I would guess
>> that -mc 0 would probably work.
>
> I've tried both and everything suggested in the docs.  Of everything,
> -mc 0 works the best - it stabilizes the sync, but it's still out.
> It's sits at around 300ms now, and doesn't keep changing.

Does combining that with the -delay option ('-delay 300' or '-delay
-300') fix the problem?

(If you need to specify a negative delay, as in the second example above
- that is, to have the audio come earlier than it normally would - you
may or may not need to put the option in a config file rather than on
the command line; I've had inconsistent results in my own experience.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.