[MPlayer-users] nsv problems

Lunadog lunadog at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Feb 1 19:13:50 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:08:23AM -0800, RC wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:45:08 +0000
> Lunadog <lunadog at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
> > Shoutcast nsv video streams seem to be well handled on the whole,
> > however a few streams do not seem to work properly. They seem to be
> > ones that have two nsv files (i.e. one with adverts and the other with
> > main content). Mplayer plays the first file but when the stream
> > switches to the second file, it locks up.
>
> Yes, I reported similar results several months ago.  What you apparently
> haven't discovered is, most files the NSV demuxer can't handle, work
> with the lavf demuxer (-demuxer 35).
>
> It's an annoyance to operate this way, but it works.

Yes. It is not really an option for the purpose I need mplayer to
fulfil (a no-user input nsv handler).. Also many of the streams I
listed do not work with the -demuxer 35 option either.

It would be nice if someone could look at this. It is not really a
problem for me, but it is generating (misdirected) bugreports for my
program which I cannot fix.

James