[MPlayer-users] Compiling MPlayer CVS On OS X Errors

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 06:59:34 CET 2006

"Linux: the operating system with a CLUE... Command Line User
Environment."
  --(seen in a posting in comp.software.testing)

On Jan 30, 2006, at 13.54, Mohammad A. Haque wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2006, at 13:45, Kichigai Mentat wrote:

>> On Jan 30, 2006, at 09.02, Mohammad A. Haque wrote:
>>
>>> Matched up to your configuration and everything still compiled
>>> and ran fine here. I did have to hack up cdparanoia/libcdio
>>> support to get it compiled but that only explains your _read_toc
>>> undefined symbol. I'll clean that code up some and post a patch.
>>> For now you can bypass this with the --disable-cdparanoia --
>>> disable-libcdio configure flags.
>> That'll be just fine for me. I didn't really plan to use MPlayer
>> with CD audio anyway.
>>>
>>> Did you do a clean install when you installed 10.4 or was it an
>>> upgrade? My guess is that some library was compiled with an older
>>> version of gcc and now you're trying to compile mplayer with gcc
>>> 4.0.0
>> Clean install with 10.4.
>>>
>>> If it is the case where you have upgraded from an older system,
>>> my suggestion is to get your libraries updated and upgrade XCode.
>>> I'm currently compiling with XCode 2.2.1 (gcc 4.0.1/5250)
>> I searched the Apple website, and I can't seem to find where to
>> get an XCode update. I'm currently running "gcc version 4.0.0
>> 20041026 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 4061)"
>
> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/13621
>
> You'll need an ADC account (free). It's an 800 meg or so download.
Yeah, I downloaded it. I've had an ADC membership for this for a
while. Downloaded it and installed it.

> I really don't think this is where your problem is, but you may as
> well stay up to date since you're living on the bleeding edge with
> mplayer
>

>>> If you did a fresh install and are using fink or dports, it's
>>> possible that an old library got installed via a package and
>>> installed into /usr/local/lib. It might be faster to see what you
>>> have living there and see if you can't replace those with what
>>> fink/dports provides.
>> Isn't it possible to say that the libraries in /sw/lib have
>> priority over /user/local/lib? Otherwise, it could be interesting
>> to find the conflicting libraries.
>
> Feel free to send me the ls output of /usr/local/lib off-list and
> I'll see if anything is obvious.
Removed the libraries you mentioned, not much of a change. The result:

$ make
cc -I../libvo -I../../libvo -I/usr/X11R6/include -O4 -mcpu=7450 -
mtune=7450 -faltivec -D__APPLE_ALTIVEC__ -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-
frame-pointer -mdynamic-no-pic -falign-loops=16 -DSYS_DARWIN -
DCONFIG_DARWIN -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/sw/
include/ -I/usr/local/include/ -I/usr/include/ -I. -I/sw/include/   -
I/sw/include/ -I/usr/local/include/ -I/usr/include/ -I/usr/X11R6/
include   -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2  -I/opt/
local/include/SDL -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/X11R6/include   -I./libavutil
- -I./libavcodec  -o mplayer mplayer.o mp_msg.o asxparser.o codec-cfg.o
cpudetect.o edl.o find_sub.o m_config.o m_option.o m_struct.o parser-
cfg.o playtree.o playtreeparser.o spudec.o sub_cc.o subreader.o
vobsub.o  unrarlib.o mixer.o parser-mpcmd.o subopt-helper.o  libvo/
libvo.a libao2/libao2.a libmenu/libmenu.a   libmpcodecs/
libmpcodecs.a   libaf/libaf.a libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a input/
libinput.a postproc/libswscale.a osdep/libosdep.a -Llibmpdvdkit2 -
lmpdvdkit libavcodec/libavcodec.a  libavformat/libavformat.a
libavutil/libavutil.a    -lmad -ldv -I/sw/include  -L/sw/lib -ltheora
- -logg    -llzo -lmp3lame  -lxvidcore  -lpng -lz -lz -ljpeg   -lx264
- -lspeex  -lfaac -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lfreetype -lncurses -
lcdda_interface -lcdda_paranoia   -lgif -framework Carbon -framework
QuickTime -framework CoreAudio -framework AudioUnit -framework
AudioToolbox -framework Cocoa -framework QuartzCore -framework
OpenGL   -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lfontconfig     libfaad2/libfaad2.a
mp3lib/libMP3.a liba52/liba52.a libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a tremor/
libvorbisidec.a  -laa -lGL   -lXv  -lXxf86vm -lXinerama -L/usr/X11R6/
lib -lXext -lX11    -L/opt/local/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -framework Cocoa
- -framework OpenGL      -L/sw/lib -lcaca -lX11 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -
lncurses -lncurses    -L/sw/lib -lesd -laudiofile -lm      -L/usr/
local/lib/ -L/sw/lib/ -L/usr/lib/    -liconv -lintl -lm
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _aa_render
/sw/lib/libaa.dylib(aarender.lo) definition of _aa_render
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics(single
module) definition of _aa_render
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _glPointParameteri
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/
libGL.dylib(gll_api.o) definition of _glPointParameteri
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib(dri_dispatch.o) definition of
_glPointParameteri
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _glPointParameteriv
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/
libGL.dylib(gll_api.o) definition of _glPointParameteriv
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib(dri_dispatch.o) definition of
_glPointParameteriv
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset
/sw/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of _locale_charset
/sw/lib/libintl.dylib(localcharset.lo) definition of _locale_charset
/usr/bin/ld: warning suggest use of -bind_at_load, as lazy binding
may result in errors or different symbols being used
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_read_toc
symbol _aa_render used from dynamic library /sw/lib/libaa.dylib
(aarender.lo) not from earlier dynamic library /System/Library/
Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics(single module)
symbol _aa_render used from dynamic library /sw/lib/libaa.dylib
(aarender.lo) not from earlier dynamic library /System/Library/
Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics(single module)
symbol _DrawText used from dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/
Versions/A/QD(QD.o) not from earlier dynamic library /sw/lib/libgif.
4.dylib(gif_font.lo)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1