[MPlayer-users] duration of dumped wma files

Gerald Grabner gerald.grabner at gmx.net
Thu Dec 28 20:05:37 CET 2006

Hi there,

when dumping a wma stream with "mplayer -dumpstream", the duration in
the header object of the dumped file is zero (most probably it is not
set when stopping the process via kill).

On my micro Hi-Fi system LG LF-U850, which is capable of playing wma
files, playback of such files quits after a fraction of a second,
which looks like a consequence of having a duration of zero.

Is there any way to get the duration fixed (and maybe other entries in
the header)? Or could there be another problem with dumping those wma
files? (while mplayer is bravely playing them.)

I'm not an expert on wma files, all my knowledge is from
http://avifile.sourceforge.net/asf-1.0.htm

Many thanks,
Gerald