[MPlayer-users] sandisk sansa e270 video

Nicklas Marcusson 0910.779796 at telia.com
Thu Dec 28 15:07:47 CET 2006

Hi

I am trying to make playable videos for my new mp3 player but it seems
to be somewhat tricky to produce them :-p

I found some suggestions here how to make a conversion:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81

mencoder test.mpg -o outputfile.mov -oac pcm -af resample=11025 -ovc
lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg -ffourcc mjpb -vf rotate=1,scale=160:208
-ofps 15 -of lavf -lavfopts
i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames

Which results in a video that plays on sandisk sansa but the colors are
corrupted and there is no sound.

1) Apparently the required pixel format is yuvj422p which is not
implemented in mencoder? Does anyone have information regarding that
format? The above conversion results in yuv420p which is playable but
not watchable ;-) (wrong colors)

2) The sound stream generated is:
[dummy] Was reinitialized: 11025Hz/2ch/s16le
[dummy] Was reinitialized: 11025Hz/2ch/s16le

instead of:
[dummy] Was reinitialized: 11025Hz/2ch/s16be
[dummy] Was reinitialized: 11025Hz/2ch/s16be

is it possible to change this in the mencoder options?

/Nicklas