[MPlayer-users] cutting a vob file

Bayrouni bayrouni at brutele.be
Wed Dec 27 01:40:08 CET 2006

RC wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 00:38:48 +0100
> Bayrouni <bayrouni at brutele.be> wrote:
>

>> So how to use mplayer or mencoder to cut a big file ?
>>

> mencoder works normally.  Only -dumpstream does not.

Yes you are right.
I used this :
mencoder -ss 600 -endpos 625 -oac copy -ovc copy file.vob

and it works :)  .

The default output format is an avi with only one audio track.
So I added this: -of mpeg -o file.mpeg
mencoder -ss 600 -endpos 625 -oac copy -ovc copy file.vob  of mpeg -o
file.mpeg

but still the mpeg file contains one audio track, the default one
(spanish in this case).

and I added an other option , the -aid 129 to have the french audio track.

Is it possible to have all the audio tracks when cutting?

Or I must use an other tool like dd for linux which is not specific for
video ?

Thank you