[MPlayer-users] Has Xorg changed? MPlayer affected

Robert Tilley tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com
Sun Dec 24 18:45:08 CET 2006

This may be off topic, but my box uses Kubuntu Dapper Drake.  After
downloading recent source for MPlayer then compiling and installing, my
movies began flickering.

Slight pixel shift/stutters would occur in the movie window about twice per
second.  This spread to my entire screen.

Has Xorg changed or some other X config files changed recently?  I can see no
other reason for this.

[I'm assuming that the motherboard video on my Dell Dimension 2350 works.
 If it's faulty, it doesn't look like it can take new video cards...]

Thanks, Bob