[MPlayer-users] codec RPMs?

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Sat Dec 16 13:30:21 CET 2006

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Saturday, 16 December 2006 at 13:01, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, 16 December 2006 at 05:03, Andre Robatino wrote:
>>
>>>  I noticed today that on the MPlayer home page, the link for RPM
>>> packages now points to Livna.org.  Most people have probably been
>>> getting their MPlayer packages from other repositories like Livna and
>>> Freshrpms.  However, these don't provide codec RPMs, probably due to
>>> legal fears.  The danger to mplayerhq.hu for providing codec RPMs
>>> shouldn't be any greater than providing tarballs.  And many of the codec
>>> RPMs already available out there from other sources are far out of
>>> date.  Also, for newbies, the process of unpacking a codec tarball and
>>> putting the files in the right directory is difficult.  Would it be
>>> possible to provide just codec RPMs?
>>>
>> Sure. These should be distro-agnostic.
>>

> Uploaded to http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/
> Use www1 until the other mirrors sync up.
>
> Regards,
> R.

  That was fast, thanks!  The files are visible at www1, but I'm getting
error 403 when trying to download either file:

[andre at localhost mplayer]$ wget
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/mplayer-codecs-20061022-1.i386.rpm
--07:27:21--
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/mplayer-codecs-20061022-1.i386.rpm
Resolving www1.mplayerhq.hu... 213.144.138.186
Connecting to www1.mplayerhq.hu|213.144.138.186|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
07:27:21 ERROR 403: Forbidden.