[MPlayer-users] Two minor quirks

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 13:30:46 CET 2006

> > 2. I use kde and I have a lot of the eye candy turned on. One such
> > feature is to have the bouncing icon when I load programs. The
> > annoying thing is when I open mplayer and full screen, first I have to
> > move the mouse (see above) and then I still have the bouncing icon for
> > 5 or more seconds. Is it possible to have mplayer show over the
> > bouncing icon? Or some possible way to disable it for
> > mplayer/gmplayer?
>
> Just edit the settings of the link/icon and disable startup
> notification. And if the link was created by some package, flame the
> package maintainer for not doing that.

Got that fixed. I just disabled startup feedback from within the
filetypes. Didn't even think about that. Thanks for the pointer.

And I compiled it myself from svn a couple of days ago.

> Does this happen when you start mplayer and open a movie from the
> command line? Or only when opening a movie from the gmplayer file open
> dialog?

This only happens with gmplayer whether it is launched from the
command line or by doubleclicking a file. Running mplayer
videofile.mpg hides the mouse properly.

> What if you quickly flip out of and back into fullscreen mode?

The mouse pointer stays until I move the mouse.

Jeremy