[MPlayer-users] Two minor quirks

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 13:17:13 CET 2006

I have two minor quirks about mplayer that bother me. Not enough for
me to switch to another player, but just enough to bug me.

1. When I first open a file the mouse pointer will show. It will stay
showing until I move it around the video screen. I was hoping that
there would be an easy way to detect if the mouse is over the video
area when mplayer opens and if it is, hide the mouse pointer after a
few seconds until it is moved again.

2. I use kde and I have a lot of the eye candy turned on. One such
feature is to have the bouncing icon when I load programs. The
annoying thing is when I open mplayer and full screen, first I have to
move the mouse (see above) and then I still have the bouncing icon for
5 or more seconds. Is it possible to have mplayer show over the
bouncing icon? Or some possible way to disable it for
mplayer/gmplayer?

The above are trivial points at best, but I was hoping that if they
were fairly easy they could be implemented.

Otherwise keep up the great work.

Jeremy