[MPlayer-users] audio sync and video jerkiness

Niklas Fondberg niklas.fondberg at tilgin.com
Mon Dec 11 18:04:36 CET 2006

Hi all,
I have a problem that I thought maybe wasn't unique but that someone
might have an tip about.

The video output is jerky but the sound is ok. I have tried all alsa and
oss with the -ao option.
When I do -ao file:/tmp/audio.out the video is fine and not jerky.
I suspect the answer is "buggy audio driver" but in my opinion the
HDA-Intel (82801G) with alsa 1.0.13 with Fedora core 5 should be quite
common.
The strange thing is that the jerkiness seems to be less when forcing
resampling of the audio. The best result was when input was 48KHz and
specified 32000 with -srate.

I have looked all over for related questions and have tried numerous
things posted on the net like (framedrop, autosync 0-30, cache) but with
little or no improvement.

I'm using SVN version of this morning.

The same streams (MPEG2-TS) are viewed without flaws with vlc 0.85.

Niklas Fondberg