[MPlayer-users] MPlayer has problem playing file MP4 file

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 15:14:09 CET 2006

I uploaded a file to the incoming directory on the mplayer ftp. Mplayer
plays the file strangely as documented in the same named .txt file. I
will copy what I said in there into here for reference.
The file is named Soukou_no_Strain_06_[WinD](h264)[514C204C].mp4
(add .txt for the txt file)
I am using SVN Mplayer on mac os x 10.3.9.

First of all mplayer reads the total length of the file as 2:32 (as you
can see in the OSD). You can fast forward past this point up until 7:09
at which the elapsed time resets and stays at 00:00:00.
Also at this same time it gives the error:
Invalid frame duration value (429.470/0.015 => -429.455). Defaulting to
0.042 sec.
It continues to play except that the A-V delay jumps to 430 which it
trys to correct. The A-V desync is actualy not there, but by trying to
correct for the assumed desync it slowly goes out of sync. I can work
around this by passing -mc 0 to mplayer. The other problem that is
evident, is that past 7:09 you can't fast forward any farther. You can
rewind but this takes you back to the very beginning. The encoder
insists there is no problem with the way he did it. This file
apparently plays perfectly in Media Player Classic and Zoom Player and
almost so in VLC (instead there is a small graphical glitch at the 7:09
time). Is this a bug in mplayer or a glitch in the file or both?

Ergzay