[MPlayer-users] mplayer & ivtv crashes

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Fri Dec 8 22:05:54 CET 2006

On 12/8/06, Steve Dibb <steve at wonkabar.org> wrote:

> You need to use mplayer pvr:// instead of mplayer tv://

Thanks. After some experimentation, I found this works, sort of:

mplayer -tv driver=v4l2:input=0:width=640:height=480 -vo xv pvr://

Except that the picture is rather fuzzy and is B&W.

However, further experimentation is precluded as there are now five
instances (!) of mplayer in memory, which apparently died rather than
exiting cleanly, and which I can't get rid of with killall -9.
According to gnome-system-monitor, they are running as
"interruptible". Anyone have any idea what is going on? Do I really
need to reboot my box to kill them off?

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam