[MPlayer-users] codec request

Dan Streetman ddstreet at ieee.org
Fri Dec 8 18:18:01 CET 2006

On 12/8/06, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> Dan Streetman wrote:
>
> > I have a "codec support request"....for Sony's new "AVCHD" codec, from (for example) HD
> > cameras like the Sony HDR-SR1.
>
> it's supposed to be H264 in mpegts. can you upload a sample to incoming?

Ok it's uploaded.  It is H264 in mpegts, and mplayer normally uses the
ffmpeg ffh264 decoder.  The issue (which has been discussed elsewhere)
is it uses "PAFF interlacing" and "MBAFF spatial direct mode".  When
viewing it, mplayer can decode part of it, but has lots of these
errors:

[h264 @ 0x8797e58]PAFF interlacing is not implemented??% ??,?% 2 0
[h264 @ 0x8797e58]MBAFF + spatial direct mode is not implemented
[h264 @ 0x8797e58]concealing 3060 DC, 3060 AC, 3060 MV errors

Is anyone working on adding this support to the ffh264 decoder (should
I email the ffmpeg list instead)?

Thanks!