[MPlayer-users] intel os x crash using window codecs

Dave Chand devchan1 at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 1 16:51:44 CET 2006

On Dec 1, 2006, at 7:20 AM, The Wanderer wrote:
> I said, NOT just 'bt full'; the output of the various commands
> described
> in the "crashing bugs" section of DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html. The
> full
> correct bug-reporting procedures can be found in that file and its
> relatives.

I will admit I perused the docs instead of "reading indept".
> As Zuxy Meng implied, this will include a 'disass $pc-32 $pc+32'. It
> also includes other commands, but I'm not going to provide them here,
> because I want you to actually read the document.
I appreciate the pointer, but I did see this in the docs, and will re-
read them.

> There's nothing wrong with that, but it is better to mention things
> like
> that, so that people don't assume that you're just looking for help.

No I am not looking for help as much as trying to understand how
mplayer works, and to me it seems helping with a bug or problem is
the way to go. Eventually I will get the process down.

> (Also, in case you weren't aware: the Win32 codecs are binary, and as
> such are architecture-dependent. They may potentially be able to
> work on
> an Intel Mac, but AFAIK they fundamentally cannot work on a non-x86
> system unless run via a full emulation layer.)
I know the codecs are binary.

>> Some files with assembly optimizations needed to be compliled with -
>> fomit-frame-pointer, in order for the compilation to go through.
>>

> If by this you mean "I didn't compile with --enable-debug because of
> this problem", then all I have to say for the moment is that you
> should
> have started out with a bug report of *that* problem, with possibly a
> side note mentioning what you were trying to accomplish which led
> you to
> want to compile with --enable-debug.

No I meant what I said. I did recompile with --enable-debug, but
apple gcc needs -gfull to be passed inorder for "all symbols to be
emitted"

dc