[MPlayer-users] Full screen mode isn't actually full screen

Brian Dean elzoog at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 11:14:39 CEST 2006

> Yeah, you don't have your video drivers, hence no hardware acceleration.
> Get them installed and configured and all your problems will go away.
> glxinfo has to say "direct rendering: Yes"

Sorry if this seems stupid, but I downloaded the driver and it seems to
have installed fine (I am running ATI Radeon 9200).  If I pull up the
"Devide Manager" from the menu, I see the ATI driver listed there.
But when I run glxinfo I still get "direst rendering: no" although it
does seem to think that the driver is ATI because here is the beginning
of the output of glxinfo

_____________
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: No
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
server glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating,
    GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_SGI_make_current_read,
    GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_hyperpipe, GLX_SGIX_swap_barrier,
    GLX_SGIX_fbconfig
client glx vendor string: ATI
client glx version string: 1.3

The driver I downloaded automatically changed my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file
and that seems to be correct.

What else can I try?

"I have to remind myself that I am a privileged intellectual living in a communist country that as a matter of course runs concentration camps for the rebellious, but thinking of Guantanamo Bay it seems not to make much difference."  Daniel Duprie (in China)