[MPlayer-users] Full screen mode isn't actually full screen

Brian Dean elzoog at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 02:37:16 CEST 2006

> You're probably missing your video card drivers. Check glxinfo

The first few lines of the output of glxinfo are:

name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: No
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
server glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating,
    GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_SGI_make_current_read,
    GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_hyperpipe, GLX_SGIX_swap_barrier,
    GLX_SGIX_fbconfig
client glx vendor string: SGI
client glx version string: 1.4

> if you have direct rendering enabled or see the cpu load when
> you're watching the movie - if it's above about 20% you're definitely
> missing drivers.

I will check that when I have more time.

"I have to remind myself that I am a privileged intellectual living in a communist country that as a matter of course runs concentration camps for the rebellious, but thinking of Guantanamo Bay it seems not to make much difference."  Daniel Duprie (in China)