[MPlayer-users] x264 encoding/matroska/etc.

Piotr Stachura albert1 at autocom.pl
Wed Aug 23 21:44:28 CEST 2006

Dnia środa, 23 sierpnia 2006 20:28, Peter Gavin napisał:
> Hello,
>
> So I've determined that its pretty much impossible (atm) to use
> mencoder to create an x264 file which can be muxed into a matroska
> container, and still maintain A/V sync.  I'm trying to backup my DVDs,
> and my most recent attempt involved encoding using -of rawvideo, but
> the A/V sync was way off.  If I use -of avi, the sync is perfect, but
> of course, mkvmerge won't accept the file.

Why, and what about "--engage allow_avc_in_vfw_mode" (in mkvmerge of course)
option??
You can also make another way, as you noticed, and encode file into ie. mjpeg,
but it will be logical only when you want to make VFR destination - and if,
then tell me what linux program you will use:]
And a 3rd way, preffered by mkvmerge, create avi, use "avi2raw" for extract
video from avi, use MP4Box to create mp4 file from raw, and - at least - use
mkvmerge to create mkv from mp4 ... it's a little confuseing but ... and you
you will have sync problem, when avi have NVOP-s.

--
Piotr Stachura