[MPlayer-users] -sb broken?

Marco Trudel mtrudel at gmx.ch
Wed Aug 23 19:13:15 CEST 2006

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 10:34:39AM -0500, Ivan Kowalenko wrote:
>> On Aug 23, 2006, at 03.32, Marco Trudel wrote:
>>> Is there maybe an option to start mplayer paused?
>> No.
>
> Actually...
> mplayer -idle
> should do. You must not specify a file name though but instead load it
> later e.g. via slave command.

Sorry, my question was unspecific. It should have been "Is there a way
to load a movie withhout playing it directly".
I need this because I wish to make a screenshot from the middle of a
video. Because I don't know the length, I've to jump relativly to the
middle. As far as I see, the only way to do that is the "seek 50 1"
command in slave mode...

Looks like I have to start mplayer to get the length of the video in
seconds and start it again with "-ss length/2".

thanks anyway
Marco