[MPlayer-users] pre8 crashes on "Large H.264 MPEG-4" Hubble .mp4 file

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 23 10:49:58 CEST 2006

On Thursday 17 August 2006 15:17, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> > > Could you test with latest SVN version of MPlayer, and see if it helps?
> >
> > He already said he couldn't in his mail:
> > "Unfortunately hard drive has just died in my Linux box, and I cannot
> > test current svn."
>
> Bah! My regex-powered mailing list answering machine isn't smart
> enough to catch such things.... It's only triggered by "pre.* crash.*"
> ;)

Yesterday's SVN does the same. You may need to press arrows
many (~100) times, but it does happen.

This time I took different file (chapter09.mp4)
from the same server.

I noticed that it always spews decode errors before dying.

[h264 @ 0x868c558]get_buffer() failed (0 0 1 0xf64df230)
[h264 @ 0x868c558]decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0x868c558]get_buffer() failed (0 0 1 0xf64df230)
[h264 @ 0x868c558]decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0x868c558]get_buffer() failed (0 0 1 0xf64df230)
[h264 @ 0x868c558]decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0x868c558]get_buffer() failed (0 0 1 0xf64df230)
[h264 @ 0x868c558]decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0x868c558]get_buffer() failed (0 0 1 0xf64df230)
[h264 @ 0x868c558]decode_slice_header error
Error while decoding frame!
A: 288.2 V: 288.2 A-V:  0.039 ct:  0.026 488/488 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0 .[J[h264 @ 0x868c558]get_buffer() failed (0 0 1 0xf64df230)
[h264 @ 0x868c558]decode_slice_header error

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.
Uninit audio filters...
[libaf] Removing filter dummy
Uninit audio: faad
FAAD: Closing decoder!
Uninit video: ffmpeg

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: uninit_vcodec
--
vda