[MPlayer-users] Thumbnail of video?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Aug 23 03:42:52 CEST 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:37:06 -0500
"Dan A. Dickey" <dan.dickey at savvis.net> wrote:

> Is there a command option that can "scan" for an "interesting" frame?

I guess you're new to mplayer...  It isn't exactly a "scanning" kind of
program.

> I see the video filter 'blackframe' - would this be what I want to
> use?

You could certainly use it to hack a script together to do what you
want... It's just going to give you frame numbers, you have to do the
rest.

I'd also suggest looking at vf decimate.  You could use fairly high
values to ensure you only get one frame of all-black, and nothing else
until the scene changes significantly.