[MPlayer-users] xv and sdl do not work in high resolution

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Aug 23 01:56:14 CEST 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:14:25 -0300
"Eduardo M Kalinowski" <ekalin at gmail.com> wrote:

> It has a whooping 32Mb of RAM.

At a higher resolutions, that's really not enough.

> But with -vo sdl I can change to full screen and then toggle
> resolutions, and watch the video in fullscreen perfectly well.

Well, I assume that doesn't look very good on your LCD, otherwise you
could just set X to a lower resolution in the first place, and have xv
working.

If you can't replace the card for some reason, you might also try
configuring and using dga output.  It works decently on the SiS chip
in my notebook.

> Is this related to the screen resolution or to the actual size of the
> window displaying the video?

The video window.