[MPlayer-users] Bugs about loading subtitles

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 15:27:56 CEST 2006

2006/8/22, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org>:
> > I understood that srt supports font selection inside the subtitles.
>
> I don't think it does, but I don't have the SRT docs at hand.

I've seen some tags inside srt files indicating italic and bold texts,
but I don't know if it is standard. I red in some place that I don't
remember that srt supports font color, bold and italic chars.

> What do DVD subtitles have to do with SRT?

When you are converting DVD subtitles to SRT, the colors and font
styles will be lost unless there is support for reproducing this in a
text based subtitle format.

--
Alejandro Vargas