[MPlayer-users] MPlayer && www.youtube.com

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 04:04:53 CEST 2006

> Hi,
>
> I'm using MPlayer 1.0pre8-3.4.4, compiled on FreeBSD. Is it
> somehow possible watch movies placed on http://www.youtube.com/
> for example this one:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8coPjZzNSY
>
> Thanks in advance for any hint
>
>         matthias

One thing no one has mentioned is playing it in the browser. If you are
wanting to play it in the browser and not on your computer then you need to
use flash. The video files for youtube and google video along with alot of
other websites use embedded flash players and there is no way (that I am
aware of) for mplayer to play those while in the browser.

Otherwise if you are wanting to save them to your computer there is an
extension called videodownloader for firefox where you just click on a
button, it pops open a video you select the file format you want and then
save it to your computer for future enjoyment.

Good Luck
Jeremy