[MPlayer-users] fglrx quality problems

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Tue Aug 15 00:22:07 CEST 2006

Hi!

On Aug/14/2006, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:

> > I have been mplayer user for years. Some days ago I bought a new laptop,
> > a Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad T60 with ATI (X1400) card.
>
> No need to say more, put
>
> vo = gl:yuv=2,x11

fantastic! Now it works very well!

> in your config, or
>
> vo = gl:yuv=2:lscale=1,x11
>
> if you want softer bicubic scaling. pre8 isn't enough for the latter,

Ok, using pre8 is not working. I will try svn version tomorrow or day
after tomorrow. Anyway, gl:yuv=2,x11 is enough :-)

I think that after check it I can play using only -vo sdl and it works
fine. I will restart xorg later, but now using -vo sdl is fine after -vo
gl, etc. Is it possible?

Which is the reason that I need it and sdl is not working fine? ATI
propietary drivers? Why is working in gl mode?

> you have to use svn version. And don't forget to thank Reimar, savior of
> all Radeon X1xx users.

So, thank you very much, Reimar! you are invited to watch movie in
Barcelona :-)

(Well... I should invite too all people who contributed in mplayer, GNU
project, Linux Kernel, etc. :-)  )

Thank you very much,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona