[MPlayer-users] teared animation.

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Aug 12 00:58:50 CEST 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:02:33 +0200
Pawel <null7 at wp.pl> wrote:

> I wonder if videocard CPU were too slow, would mplayer produce "too
> slow"  info to console?

That message is pretty iffy, and only trigger in very specific
circumstances.  Your system can be far too slow, and still not print
that message.  So be sure and run "top" and manually check if your
system is fast enough.

> Maybe there is a way to check that too slow videocard CPU is the
> reason  of my problem.

I can't think of a particularly good way, but running mplayer with
"-noframedrop -benchmark" and looking at the relative time spent on "vo"
should give you some indication.