[MPlayer-users] Proxy authentication required, although provided.

Zachary Rizer zrizer at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 16:08:17 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've searched for quite some time, thinking this would be a common issue, but perhaps it's because of my rather screwy proxy/firewall.  I have $http_proxy set (as http://user:pass@my.proxy.server.com:8080) and I also attempted setting it statically within Firefox's connection settings.  However, when attempting to stream video, whether within Firefox via the mplayer-plugin, or via mplayer on the command line, Mplayer connects to the remote host, which redirects to the proxy host, which asks for authentication, but Mplayer does not provide it.

I watched the plugin with Ethereal, and the behavior is the same.

Is there a way to make Mplayer authenticate with the proxy server?

Regards,
Zaq