[MPlayer-users] Problems with smil file

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Aug 8 21:52:20 CEST 2006

On Tuesday, 08 August 2006 at 20:59, Roberto Togni wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:06:34 -0700
> Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh at pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> [...]
> > Still broken for me, since I am running an old version.  Reasons follow:
> >
> > Unfortunately, I am running on an AMD x86-64 processor, and believe I
> > need to run the 32-bit version of mplayer to take advantage of all the
> > available codecs.  (Is this belief correct?)  Also, unfortunately, I
>
> True if you need to use binary codecs (windows dll, real .so, ...),
> everything else afaik can be compiled on a 64bit system.

Now with WMV3 implementation nearing completion I think there's less and
less need to use the binary codecs. I mean, what else is there that
we haven't implemented yet? ;)

> > can't build 32-bit versions of anything on my (Fedora 5) system because
> > the various '*-config' files are available only for the 64-bit versions
> > of the various libraries -- e.g. /usr/bin/gtk-config is for the 64 bit
> > versions of the libraries, and conflicts with gtk-config for the 32-bit
> > libraries.  So...

It definitely is possible. I've done it on my amd64 box. You just have to
uninstall any conflicting 64bit -devel packages.

> > Is there a compiled version of the latest available anywhere?  Currently
> > I am running the following: mplayer-1.0-0.43.pre8.lvn5, downloaded from
> > livna.
> >
> > MPlayer 1.0pre8-rpm.livna.org-4.1.1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
> > CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ (Family: 15, Model: 12, Stepping: 0)
> > CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> > Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
> >

> Sorry no clue about it., since i don't have a 64bit cpu. There are
> official rmp (linked from Mplayer download page), but iirc they are
> for 32bit systems. Is there any difference between a 32bit
> mplayer for a 32bit system and a 32bit mplayer for a 64bit system?

Not as such, no.

Regards,
R.

--