[MPlayer-users] fullscreen spanning multiple displays with Xinerama?

Lonni J Friedman netllama at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 21:22:13 CEST 2006

Greetings,
I've searched the list archives, and haven't found an answer to the
problem I'm hitting.  I've got a 'powerwall' setup (basically 4
displays, tied together with Xinerama).  I need to display a movie in
full screen mode such that it scales across all 4 displays (I'm not
concerned with stretching/distortion of the image at this point).

The problem I'm having is even if I use the -fs option, the move shows
up fullscreen on just one of the 4 displays.  Hitting ctrl-F doesn't
make a difference either.

I tried playing with the -xineramascreen option, but all that seems to
do is specify which display the movie ends up on, and never forces
them to span all 4.

If there's some obvious thing that I'm overlooking, I'd be happy to
know about it, just tell me what to look for in the documentation,
cause I've not found it yet.

It has occurred to me that perhaps this is a window manager problem,
and if so, please let me know which window mgr(s) are known to work
properly, and I'll gladly give them a try.

FWIW, this is all in Linux with Xinerama.

Thanks!

L. Friedman                                    netllama at gmail.com
LlamaLand                       http://netllama.linux-sxs.org