[MPlayer-users] configure fails on CVS xvid

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Sun Apr 30 08:24:21 CEST 2006

On Sunday 30 April 2006 08:39, vitko wrote:
> Rich Felker napsal(a):
>
> > On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 03:44:19PM +0200, vitk0 wrote:
> >> I've just built and installed fresh CVS xvid following instructions in
> >
> > DO NOT REPLY IN UNRELATED THREADS TO ASK A NEW QUESTION!
>
> Pardon me? I'm just (1) reporting configure fails
> on CVS xvid and (2) confirm xvidcore 1.1.0 plays nice. What
> exactly do you consider wrong?

You clicked reply, deleted the existing subject, and wrote in your own,
instead of clicking 'new message' or something similar.

What happens is that your mail appeared in the ongoing divx6 thread,
instead of appearing in a new thread.
You'll see from this url where your mail came:
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2006-April/thread.html

Alot of people use email clients which present a threaded view similar
to the one in the URL above, and to them, it's very annoying when
people trying to start new threads by replying in existing threads,
or when they start new threads when they meant to reply in an existing
thread.

So, to recap: If you are replying to something, use the reply button. If
you're creating a new thread, don't use the reply button.